I’m brainstorming ideas for short video vignettes for the open writing space. The idea is to have short (1-2 min.) interviews with writers of all types on a variety of topics, ideally topics that would help inspire or develop other writers.
Here’s what I have so far:
- Are you a “writer”? Why or why not?
- How do you see yourself as a writer?
- Why do you like writing?
- What makes a good writer?
- Where do you get ideas for writing?
- How do you organize your writing before you begin?
- What are important editing skills or strategies?
- How does reading make you a better writer?
- Do you journal? If so, what do you write about? How does it add to your life?
- What is the “writer’s craft” and how can it be developed?
- How can being a good writer help you in life?
- What is blogging and how can it make you a better writer?
- What is “voice”?
- How can you find your “writer’s voice”?
What other questions would be good?
Also, this is an open invitation for anyone to video short responses to these questions and send them to me. Note that all of this will be open-licensed under a CC-by license.