A hands-on online workshop?!?? Really?
On Sat. May 19 at 1:oo pm Eastern, I’m going to be doing a free online workshop on “Remixing Open Educational Resources for Your Classroom” (webinar link here) as a part of the Virtual 4T Conference. CEUs are available for this session.
This 2-hour workshop will be almost entirely hands-on (and online?!?!). I’m trying a new format. It will look something like this:
- 15 minute intro – What is remixing? What is OER?
- 1-1/2 hour – Using open content (a list of resources supplied), participants will remix for topics/lessons of their choice.
- Everyone chooses a lesson or topic that they’d like to address. They will also pick a final remix format (web page, PowerPoint, ebook, movie, etc.).
- Participants can work individually or in small groups.
- There will be a shared wikispace where people can collaborate or post their work if they like (or they can use their own space).
- I’ll be available for support throughout the two hours (and by email afterward).
The idea of doing an online workshop that is primarily hands-on with “on call” support available is new for me. I’m excited about it.
I’m hoping some great remixed, shareable content comes out of this! Hope you can join us.
And stay tuned for a debrief afterward on how this format worked.
** UPDATE **
This workshop went great! Here is an archive recording of it.